Monday, August 24, 2009

Troy Jesen's Blog: Get Naked: Troy's favorite nude lips colors




Another hot shade that I'm seeing on the runway this Spring, red carpet, and in countless Fashion magazines is nude lips. Whether it's paired with this season's bright eyeshadow shades or smokey browns and blacks, it's no wonder why everyone is getting nude. If I was known for anything, I would say I'm best known for a smoky eye and a beige nude lip. It's a look that can work on anyone, any race, any age beautifully. When creating a smoky eye in bronze and brown tones I love to pair it with a more golden beige lip color like NARS' Honolulu Honey or Belle Du Jour. While creating a smokey eye with taupes, greys, or blacks, I like to pair it with a more neutral or pinky flesh-tone beige like Chanel's Yuccatan lip color. It even works great brights like blues and greens. Navy blues, emerald greens, and deep metallic bronze or golds look very chic with a pale sandy beige like Dior's Eternal Beige 394. This look can give any woman instant sensuality and the spirit of iconic beauties like Sophia Loren, Raquel Welch, or a sexy Bond girl like Ursula Andress.

When glamming my current muses Kim Kardashian, Jennifer Lopez, & Nicole Scherzinger, choosing the right beige lip color is essential to embody the look I am creating on them. I have used many different shades of nude on Kim, for instance. I used NARS' Belle Du Jour paired with Giza lip-gloss in the photo of Kim above. The colors blend beautifully with her creamy golden skin tone. The art of creating the perfect nude is finding one that works with your skin tone and also the shape of your lips. Fuller lips can get away with the palest nude shades while thinner lips will need a bit more color or lip liner for definition. Whatever shade you choose be sure to pair it with a beautiful smoky eye.

While I love YSL, Chanel, Dior, and Nars for a beige lip color, I am also a fan of these lines and their nude lip color collections: Armani, Shiseido, Estee Lauder, & Dolce & Gabbanna: The Make-up.

No comments:

Post a Comment