1. Hello Mario,
I think the work you do is very beautiful especially on Kim kardashian and the recent wedding post was great. I love the bronzed look and i use bronzer from Smashbox Suntan Matte and i was wondering if the product from model co BRONZE Airbrush Face would work better?
I’m not sure if it would work better on your face or not. It’s a totally different kind of bronzer so it would give you a different look. I do love model co products. I use their body bronzer sometimes.
2. HI MARIO!! PLEASE HELP…….
WHAT IS THE BEST BRUSH FOR APPLYING FOUNDATION? I USE BRUSH 188 BY MAC. IT HAS A WHITE TIP, BUT COVERAGE IS OK. ALSO WHAT DO YOU RECCOMEND FOR AGING PREVENTION?? I’M 27 AND FREAKED OUT ABOUT WRINKLES….LOL I JUST STARTED USING SHISEIDO. I REALLY HOPE U HAVE TIME TO ANSWER.
I LOVE UR WORK!
I use a few different foundation brushes. If you want one that gives you more coverage, try the Giorgio Armani foundation brush..It’s shorter and the bristles are very full.
3. Hi Mario!
I was wondering what color eye shadows you recommend for blue eyes. I have more of a gray/blue eye color.
I love that eye color! I don’t use grey shadows that much but with your eye color, they do look great. Try grey’s, black’s if you’re doing a stronger eye, bronze shades would look good too, purples, etc.
I can honestly say that you are one of my favourite makeup artists right now. I love your modern, fresh take on makeup and how well your vision for the person’s face translates and brings out their absolute beauty.
I guess I really don’t have a question, but i just love seeing your work and reading about what products you love for what and what works best for you, and seeing videos of you doing makeup because i really learn a lot and i love recreating your looks, so keep em comin! Oh I thought of something….as a makeup artist, I find that I still haven’t settled on one particular brand of foundation…do you recommend any brand in particular? like MUFE, Graftobian, Kryolan….Nars…etc?
Thanks a lot!
I think as a makeup artist, you should have different brands of foundation for different jobs, looks, people, etc. Right now im using NARS, MUFU, Dior, Armani, etc.
5. Hey mario! You are very talented!
I was wondering what you do in the summertime to keep makeup looking fresh and lasting all day?
What are some good everyday foundations?
With girls who wear makeup everyday, what do you suggest doing to stay away from breakouts?
To keep your makeup looking fresh and have it last all day in the summer heat, use a primer first and a loose powder to set the foundation. If you have oily skin, use a oil-free moisturizer and foundation. Lorac makes a great everyday oil free makeup. If you have dry skin, try the Armani makeup or a tinted moisturizer. Laura Mercier makes a great one. To prevent breakouts, go with a oil free makeup.
6. Greeting Mario,
Repetative question, but your fans are all dying to know how you pull of your concealer look for your clients. Specifically Kim K’s. What brand of concealer do you use and what brand of powder are you using under her eyes. What is your technique? I can’t wait to see the video you and Kim are coming out with. I’m such a fan of your work. Thank you, 916 Baby Girl
To see my technique and products I use, please watch our makeup video on youtube. I love the Make Up For Ever lift concealer and the Laura Mercier translucent powder.
7. Like many fans of your work on here, I love blush and brozners. The problem I have have is choosing the right colors for my complexion and apply blush correctly. I am a woman of color and finding products can be difficult at times. If possible, can you do a video tutorial for applying blushes and bronzers?
You are by far the most talented make up artist I have seen. Keep up the good work and thanks for creating a blog to share your tricks and tips with us!
Refer above for blush techniques. For darker skin tones, use blushes that are not too light or that have white in them, for example a light pink would not work. Try reds, bricks, or pigmented peaches.
8. Hi Mario!
First I have to tell you that you are the best! I love all the looks that you do and I think it’s amazing that you have a blog! Here are my questions:
1) I know that in the wedding post you suggested the laura mercier loose setting powder. For everyday would you suggest that one too? And if yes do you suggest the traslucent or the beige one?
Yes, you can use that for every day. If you’re not pale, use the beige one.
2) Ok may be this is going to sound like a funny question but do you know the product lashes to die for night time eyelash conditioning treatment by peterthomasroth? If you know it what do you think about it. It’s $125.00 at sephora and I really don’t want a buy it if it doesn’t work. Lol
No, sorry I don’t know about it.
3) Which anti aging cream do you recommend?
Soooo many that are good. I like the Olay regenerist line.
9. Hey Mario
- First of all i think you are g.r.e.a.t . I learned sooo much from just watching your video’s !! i looove you!
- I have this question i asked so many “beauty-specialists” here in Germany but i never never got a satisfying answer and thats why I always bought the wrong ( but very expensive ) make up. I have some small scars on my cheeks (left from acne,little bit depressed)..when i dont wear foundation they are hardly visible but when i want to go out or when i have a date i want to put on foundation etc…but make up always makes it look even worse because of the shadows that are created on my cheeks..in some lights it looks really bad i hate it so much that i became obsessed with trying out different foundation but nothing seems to help..or am I doing something wrong?..i use matte bronzers(MAC) and matte foundations (MAC) and a anti-oily-skin creme to prevent “shining” …but its still not how i want it to look :(..i mean i know foundation cant make them dissapear, but Mario do you know something that would help,something to put under the foundation or a technique that would make them less visible? I know you are working all the time with people with “perfect” skin..but I thought I’ll ask it anyway =) i hoooope to hear something from you!! Thanks in advance! Have a nice weekend!
There are a lot of creams out now that can help to reduce the appearance of scaring. First off, you should begin using those. The trick would be to not use heavy makeup. Try using the Laura Mercier oil free tinted moisturizer then apply a loose powder with a velour powder puff. MAC has a great, soft puff.
10. for under eyes that somewhat sink in, what is your advice to make it look smoother and more flat under the eye? Use a lighter concealer to help bring out the “sunken in” look.
if you have acne scarring, what should i do to conceal that…apply concealer before or after foundation? After
is there a way to use the beauty blender without it soaking up the product? Wet the beauty blender, squeeze it out so that it’s damp and apply the makeup to the skin first, then blend with the sponge.
what bronzer is good for african american skintone(nc50) Try using a pressed powder in a darker shade.
11. Hi Mario
Just wondering where i can find the Beauty Tech concealer palette online..I live in Canada so trying to find a website where I can purchase it online..
Alconeco.com. If they don’t have it online, you may have to call them and order it.
12. Hi Mario. I’ve modeled in the past and had some really amazing makeup artists work on me and the best were masters at contouring. I’ve tried to do it at home and I can never get it right! Can you share some tips? Thank you so much!
Choose a matte bronzer that isn’t too dark. Frame your face with it. If you check out my makeup videos on you tube, you can see how I like to do it.
13. Hi Mario,
I’m a Vancouver based makeup artist. I recently graduated from John Casablancas Institute. I was wondering if you could give me some tips on how you could started and how you got yourself out there. my email is firstname.lastname@example.org. thank you!
Build you portfolio by testing as much as possible and assist other makeup artists as much as you can to learn.
14. Mario- How do you get the undereye area above the cheek bone on Kim Kardashian to look so bright? I love it! What product do you use and specifically where and how do you apply it? Thanks!!
I use different products to highlight that area. Candlelight by Kevyn Aucoin is one of my favorites. Apply right on the cheekbones with a smaller brush.
15. Hi Mario, i love your work, Keep it up, i just have a question if you can answer me back please, on kims face i seen you ues a power under her eyes i just wanted to know the name of the product.
Laura Mercier translucent powder.
16. Mario ,
You are really talented!! Love your blog
Can you please share what highlighter you used on the model for this blog post? Kevyn Aucoin highlighter in Candlelight.
Kim always have this bronze glow on her skin, legs , shoulders.. What can I do to achieve such a look? Try using the Skinsheen leg spray by MAC on the body.
cant wait for your next post.. I really respect you because you are very people-friendly and your fans love that!!
Mario’s fan here!!! Mario rockssssss..