Monday, July 13, 2009

Troy Jesen's Blog: Black lips on Kim Kardashian




Pale complexion, ghostly sunken eyes without an eyebrow, a bold blackened matte lip, and an electrifying hair style...Not exactly a "summer beauty look". But with all the fall collections out, I wanted to try one of these runway looks on my muse Kim Kardashian.

This pale make up look was inspired by Prada's fall 2009 runway show.
I covered Kim's beautiful summer glow with a pale porcelain full coverage liquid foundation, and set with a pale powder. I then dusted her pale complexion with a pale pink bronzing powder and contoured with a brown eyeshadow in to the cheek bones for a really gaunt look. I then dusted all over Kim's face and body with a shimmer powder, The Bobby Brown powder body shimmer has 3 tones. I used only the palest shade.

The for the eyes. Kim's strong brows had to go to create this haunting look. Don't worry, Kim still has her beautiful brows. I just got rid of them temporarily for the making of this look. I used a brow concealing wax that they use more for movies, and spread the wax to flatten the brow hairs. Then I covered with the stick foundation, and set with the powder.

The eye's already looked sinister just by erasing the brows, so I kept the eye make up very soft. I blended a few shades from Bobbi Brown's nude eye shadow kit. I used the paler shades and lined the top lash line and inside bottom outer edges with a black cream eye liner, Then added a touch of silver shimmer eyeshadow to the center part of the eyes near the tear duct. Last, Coat and curled Kim's lashes and added a very natural fake lash for added fullness.

Kim's bold, goth lip was achieved by first applying a clear lip balm, then using the cream black eyeliner as my lip color and filled in Kim's entire lip with it. Then, using a soft eyeshadow brush, I blended an eggplant purple eyeshadow over to matte out and give a faint hue of color.

This was a fun look to create on Kim, and I am going to re-create this look for an upcoming fashion magazine shoot. And who knows, this haunting look just might get her a role on my favorite show, Trueblood.


All makeup products by Bobbi Brown

- Foundation Stick (porcelain)
- Skin Foundation SPF 15
- Sheer Finish Pressed Powder (pale yellow)
- Shimmer Brick for Body
- Illuminating Bronzing Powder (Antigue) Light Pink Bronze
- Nude Eye Palette (Navajo eye shadow, pebble metallic eye shadow, chino eye shadow, beige linen shimmer wash eye shadow, maple sugar….
- Sparkle Eye Shadow (mica) Deep Heather Grew Glitter
- Perfectly Defined Mascara (black)
- MAC 32 Lash

How to Apply Kim Kardashian Black Lip

Apply the black ink liner onto the entire lip with perfect precision using the retractable lip brush. I chose to use the cream liner but you can also create this lip by using a black eyeliner or black lipstick. Any of them will do. Once you have applied your black base simply brush over the egg plant purple eye shadow to give rich matte finish.

First apply a clear lip balm to moisturize the lips before you add your liner, lipstick, or black/purple shadow.

- Lip Balm (Yogi Bare Clear)
- Retractable Lip Brush
- Shimmer Wash Eye Shadow (Eggplant Deep Purple)

No comments:

Post a Comment