Friday, May 8, 2009

Runway To Photo Shoot: Victoria Beckham Harper's Bazaar US January 2009


Victoria Beckham graces the cover of Harper's Bazaar US January 2009 looking stunning, and she smiling, for a nice change.

She has plenty to smile about as she has graced the cover of nearly every Harper's Bazaar and Glamour worldwide, and she has also sold out her entire dress collection in Selfridges London and Manchester, sealing her credibility as a designer.

Not all are happy about this though. The Daily Mail has wrongly questioned her design skills.

Here are some extracts from her Harper's Bazaar interview:

On always being in high heels: "Oh, c’mon, they’re not that hard to walk in…They’re not uncomfortable! You have to go to a sex shop to get this spray to polish them."

On her success in the fashion world: "I really had to prove myself, though…But now I feel like I am competing in an arena where I belong."

On her routine: "It’s funny; I go to the gym now…I run four miles a day…I go into hair and makeup, and I turn into ‘Victoria Beckham.’ I’ll try on all my dresses, and I’ll pick out a handbag, and I’ll put on the shades. I instantly turn into this person, and it sort of feels like a character. And there are so many pictures of it…But it’s a true character because it’s still me."

On occasionally letting herself go: "I run around the house in a tracksuit sometimes!…If I go to the supermarket looking like s—, that affects my work. I am selling an image. Plus, I have fun with it."

On her image: "I have started smiling…I’ve mastered this smirk; it’s a smile that isn’t a smile."

On her previous performance anxiety: "I used to get so nervous, and when I got on the red carpet, I’d freeze up. I’ve had so many things said about me over the years, like a public bullying."

On not being nervous anymore: "The older you get, the more comfortable you become with yourself, and you accept what you have physically. Also, the fact that my business is doing very well…makes me feel a little more confident, too."

On the paparazzi: "I don’t complain about paparazzi because I’ve put myself in that position, and so has David. But I always say to the boys, someone is going to take your picture because you’re handsome or you’re smart or because you’re so good at soccer. But every now and again, Romeo might pick up one of David’s cameras and say, ‘Victoria, Victoria, over here!’ And his attitude is sort of angry… I tell you, the paparazzi would not be sitting outside if they realized I was the most boring person in Hollywood."

No comments:

Post a Comment