Sunday, March 7, 2010

Mario Dedivanovic's Blog: Giving Pretty



I love Fashion Week… Its fast-paced, inspiring and glamourous shows motivate me to paint pretty. Another thing I love just as much is giving back. This year, while fashion models strutted the cat-walk looking flawless, I dedicated my personal time to mentoring young women with the help of my friend and client, singer Adrienne Bailon at the Lower East Side Girls Club local charity.

I spent months researching charities that promote self-confidence and self esteem for young women. I came across The Lower East Side Girls Club in NYC and thought they were a perfect match. They prepare the girls for real life experiences such as college interviews and internships. With the generous sponsorship from NYC NEW YORK CITY COLOR, JOSIE MARAN, GIELLA CUSTOM BLEND COSMETICS and SALLY HANSEN, we gifted these amazing girls with great tools to promote natural beauty from the inside out.
Adrienne Bailon, native lower east side girl herself, was so great as she answered questions and shared advice and life experiences with the girls. She also modeled for me as I gave a full makeup lesson, revealed tricks of the trade and exposed the “real” beauty in each of them. I focused on adding bits of color to enhance and brighten the face rather then cover or conceal. Thanks again to Adrienne, NYC New York City Color, Josie Maran, Sally Hansen and Giella for helping put smiles on their young faces. A special thanks to The Lower East Side Girls Club for putting a big smile on my face and hopefully all of yours.

PS. If you know of any local charities such as TLESGC, please let me know as Id love to continue “Giving Pretty.”

Xo – Mario



source: http://blog.makeupbymario.com/

No comments:

Post a Comment