Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Kim talks marriage proposals, death threats and much more



During a packed day full of promotional duties, Kim Kardashian spoke to the UK’s Mirror about everything from plastic surgery to baby Mason and marriage proposals to death threats – and everything in between! She even mentions Paris Hilton! It’s a really good interview! Read below and after the jump:

Starring in Keeping Up With The Kardashians, do you mind being filmed looking rough in the morning?
Kim Kardashian: I don’t mind, I think a lot of the time we do have lots of make-up on – we’re always glammed up, that’s just how we are – but if cameras are there first thing in the morning it doesn’t bother me.

Is anything off-limits in terms of filming?
KK: The only restrictions are obvious ones – no bathroom or showers. We’ve never asked for anything not to be on camera. My mum, Kris, is the executive producer of the show. If I wanted her to take something out she would, but that’s not happened.


Your older sister Kourtney, 30, had a baby boy last month. Are you excited about being a new auntie?
KK: Yes, baby Mason is so cute. I was there at the birth and it was a miracle. It wasn’t scary at all. And my mum is a grandma! As much as she might say she doesn’t like being called one, we know she secretly loves it.

Is it making you broody?
KK: I definitely want kids at some point. Not right now, but hopefully in the next five years.

Your family is pretty wacky. What’s the craziest thing that’s happened to you during filming?
KK: There’s loads to come this season actually. There’s been a lot of tension. Obviously, my younger sister Khloé married her husband Lamar, so there’s all the wedding planning. Kourtney is pregnant during filming, so she was really highly strung all the time. Basically, there are so many of us, things escalate really quickly. There are 10 kids in our family and I’m three from the top. We barely need other friends. It’s chaos, but we’re so supportive of one another.

What did you think of Khloé, 25, getting married after only knowing Lamar for one month?
KK: I think if you know Khloé, it totally works for her. It was a perfect way to do it, because they just knew instantly they wanted to spend their lives together. The wedding was so much fun. I really hate all the crazy things I have been hearing regarding their wedding not being real. That is just crazy and untrue.

You got married in Vegas at 19 and that didn’t work out…
KK: I used to be impulsive, but I’m not so much now. I have no regrets. There’s nothing in my life I’ve seriously ever regretted. Sure, I’d love to get married again, though, and have a couple of kids.

You’re known for being a socialite. How are you different to someone like Paris Hilton?
KK: I’m not really a socialite. I don’t go out to parties all the time. I can’t even remember when I last went to a night club. I’m more a business woman – I get up and run my three clothing stores. There are things similar with Paris, sure, but I don’t consider myself to be a party girl. I don’t even really drink.

… Apart from when you famously got drunk for the first time at Khloé’s birthday. How did that happen?
KK: The reason I got drunk then was thanks to my sisters pressurising me. Every night I’d be so tired of hearing them calling me boring for not drinking, I just wanted them to shut up. I certainly won’t be repeating an evening like that. I mixed way too many drinks. I couldn’t even get up the next day and I was so nauseous. I can’t actually remember much from that night, so I have no idea if I did anything silly.

You and your sisters’ names all begin with ‘K’. Do you mind?
KK: My mum didn’t start out that way. It just happened. Once she’d had Kourtney she then wanted all of us to have names starting with K. I love it, though. It’s funny when mum’s yelling at one of us, because she always gets our names mixed up.

What’s the most romantic thing anyone’s ever done for you?
KK: Last Valentine’s Day my boyfriend (American footballer Reggie Bush) covered our entire New York hotel room with roses and we just had a really special night. The more simple things are, the more romantic they are. It was lovely.

What is the most rebellious thing you ever did at school?
KK: Well, I was the quiet one at school. I was a pretty good student. One time me and my friend took my parents’ car without asking on graduation day and went driving. But we only went around the block once. We got in trouble.

Do you get a lot of fan mail? If so, anything saucy or weird?
KK: Someone threatened to kill me if they found me wearing fur again. Was it real fur? I think so, yes. They kept writing and saying, ‘Why are you wearing this?’ It was crazy and scary. I get a lot of marriage proposals on Twitter, which are weird. I was reading one this morning. I have no idea how many I’ve had.

Tell us one thing we’d be surprised to know about you.
KK: I’m a great cook. People wouldn’t assume that. My best dish that everyone asks me to make is oatmeal and cream of wheat – breakfast food. It’s simple and maybe not real cooking, but people always ask me to make it.

How do you stay slim? Does it help having a former athlete (Bruce Jenner) for a stepdad?
KK: It definitely helps. We all work out all the time. I also take a diet supplement called Quick Trim during the holidays, because I’m usually travelling, so it’s hard to work out. I’m proud of the fact I’m curvy, though. I’ve done a bit of modelling and I hope I prove you don’t have to be stick-thin to do that.

What plastic surgery have you had?
KK: There was this thing on the cover of a magazine in the States saying I’d had my nose done. But that’s probably one of my biggest insecurities and what I’d want done. It’s all made up. Maybe one day I’ll have something done. I don’t think I’m the type to say no, but I haven’t had butt or cheek implants like people are saying.

When was the last time you lost your temper?
KK: Not for a while. I only lose my temper with my mum. When she doesn’t remember something important work-wise and double-books me. That bugs me.

What are your vices?
KK: Well, I don’t drink, so candy. Not so much chocolate – Oreo cookies for real. It’s just food really.

Ever had a fashion disaster?
KK: Of course, who hasn’t? A few years ago I was into wearing really tight dresses and I wasn’t in as good shape as I am now. What was I thinking? I always dress to accentuate my waist as it’s small in comparison to the rest of me and I always hide my thighs.

When did you last cry and why?
KK: When my nephew Mason was born. Tears of joy, though.

Who would play you in the movie of your life?
KK: Jennifer Lopez or Penelope Cruz. Or Sophia Loren when older. I’d love to meet Sophia. She is a style icon of mine.

Do you ever get starstruck?
KK: Yes, when I met Jennifer Lopez. I mean, I played it really cool, but inside I was like, ‘oh my god, I love her!’ She is gorgeous and so nice. The sweetest person ever. And she looks a-mazing for her age. I’ve never seen anyone look so good.

What keeps you awake at night?
KK: Sometimes when I watch murder shows. I really shouldn’t but I am obsessed with them, but then I get scared to go to bed.

There’s more…
• Kim was so softly spoken we nearly had to have an ear trumpet to hear her.
• Kim was ‘out of town’ when we chatted and admitted all she really wanted was to be back home with her new nephew. Aww.
• After our chat, she had a gazillion other interviews to do. Kim and sister Khloé have been on every chat show in the States, including Alexa Chung’s US show It’s On (which the sisters incidentally think is ‘hilarious’).

Source: http://www.kimkardashianfan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment