Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Sarah Jessica Parker For Harper's Bazaar US March 2009



Everyone's favourite native New Yorker, Sarah Jessica Parker, graces the March 2009 cover of Harper's Bazaar US. On the cover she is wearing a stunning white Versace gown, which I really would have loved to have seen full-length in the editorial.

In the magazine SJP talks about the launch of her new fragrance, her public persona and of course, fashion.

On the acronym, SJP: "I just don’t have any real sense of my public persona. I don’t know what people think of me, if they think of me at all."

On New Yorks Sex and the City bus tour: "Ah, yes, I run into it. There are times when it’s totally terrific, and there are times when I’m like, Oh, God, I’d better run in the other direction. Especially when I’m with my son."

On fashion: "I don’t have the Carrie Bradshaw passion and devotion to it, but I would much prefer that life would allow for a beautiful shoe all day long. To stand in Mr. de la Renta’s atelier and have him build a dress on you, that is amazing."

On her Balmain dress: "That dress was really good. I love what [designer Christophe Decarnin] is doing. It’s kind of ’80s, but it’s superfitted and tailored. I can’t wear all that stuff, I’m too old, but with the jacket shoulder he did...he’s kind of the male version of L’Wren Scott right now.”

On her Alexander McQueen smoke print dress: "McQueen is incredible. I actually had to cut myself out of that dress that night. My husband was out of town, so I was alone when I got home, and I couldn’t unzip it. So...[wincing]...I got out the scissors."

Personally I would have slept in the dress until he came back home. I couldn't take scissors to any garment like that. *shudders*

No comments:

Post a Comment