Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Runway To Photo Shoot: Gwyneth Paltrow For Harper's Baazaar US July 2008



Iron Man actress Gwyneth Paltrow, graces the July 2008 US edition of Harper’s Bazaar.
The star is wearing a pink Versace Fall 2008 one-shouldered gown in pink, a colour which really suits her English rose complexion. (A figure of speech, I know she is American)

On cutting her hair: "I was very, very attached to my hair. I grew it when I was pregnant. I still had hair from when my father was alive. I made it like a talisman. And then I was ready to let go of it, and so I chopped it off and ... aaah!"

On how her pregnancy differed from her mother's: "I may force myself to do it one more time because the result is so worth it. And also my dad said to me that his only regret in life was that he had only two children and he didn’t have more… My mother loved each [pregnancy] to bits; she felt alive and beautiful. I wanted to throw up all the time."

On being very open to adoption: "I do feel we’re so fortunate, and we kind of owe it to humanity. We have a lot of love to give and a lot of resources."

On her support for Barack Obama: "I don’t feel there's any lip service with [Obama]. I don’t feel like he’s one of those jaded politicos who say one thing and are talking out of both sides of their mouth. I also feel we’ve done such damage to our reputation – and as someone who lives outside America for half the year, I overhear things that I wish I didn’t overhear. A lot of people in the West think that we’re not very sensitive to the rest of the world, and I think that having a president called Barack Hussein Obama in 2008 says that we are part of the world, and we don’t want to make unilateral decisions about the fate of all of us. I just pray to God that he wins."

No comments:

Post a Comment