Thursday, April 23, 2009

Building a Shoe Wardrobe: Part 1 The Black Pump

Christian Louboutin Platform Pump


If you read any style book, there is always a list of items that one needs to build a basic wardrobe. They usually include things like a little black dress, well-fitting jeans and a trench coat, to name a few. It’s also usually advised to invest your money in these basics, making sure they are well made, of good quality, fit well and will stand the test of time.

Shoes make up a very important component of what you wear. I’ll admit that it’s usually the first thing I check out when people watching. If you’re just now entering the world of designer shoes or you desperately need to edit your wardrobe, this is the article for you. Also if you find yourself buying pair after pair of cheaper shoes, it might be a good idea to cut back and save your money for a few pair of really good shoes.

We’ve compiled a list of what we consider to be the basics that every woman should own. I would suggest investing more on these pieces, but I’ve included some less expensive options as well, but they’re all well made shoes.

The first (and I’d say one of the most important) shoes on our list, is a black pump. When I say black pump, I think anything basic works, whether it be peep-toe, patent or a sling-back, but try to not pick something too trendy. You want to be able to wear these shoes 5 years from now. If you’ve haven’t had the privilege of owning a pair of Christian Louboutins, and you want to, I think a Louboutin black pump is a great purchase! My first foray into the designer world was a pair of black patent slingback loubies, and I adore them! Personally I prefer a higher heel, but buy something you will feel comfortable wearing in many settings from work to a night out. If you're unsteady on higher heels or the shoes are extremely painful, go for a lower heel in the 2-3-inch range. My favorite of the shoes listed is the Christian Louboutin Platform Pump. I think they are gorgeous!

No comments:

Post a Comment