Thursday, July 9, 2009

D.S Pick of the Day: Manolo Blahnik Metallic Patchwork d’Orsay




When it comes to shoes, I really don’t think anyone can beat Manolo Blahnik for sophisticated, timeless elegance. Carrie Bradshaw really helped launch the brand to what it is today, and I definitely understand why. When I saw these patchwork d’orsays, I immediately flipped my computer to Florence and said, “I have to have these!” She agreed and wanted a pair too!

These pumps are such a fabulous marriage of ancient-looking metallic tiles with a modern flair. I love mixed metals as a trend, but what I really love about these heels is that they are all different tones of gold mixed together. The patchwork looks like tiles, and this shoe almost reminds me of a golden path that you would see in ancient temples. The colors in this pump are so beautiful, and this shoe looks like a piece of history.

Paired with a little gold dress, you are set to go, and really any gold will do. I think I will wear them with a brown dress and some multi-colored gold bangles; maybe a hippie headband as well. Either way, these shoes are phenomenal—true works of art!

Manolo Blahnik Metallic Patchwork d’Orsay $695 CUSP

No comments:

Post a Comment