Thursday, July 9, 2009

Kim K's Blog: Michael Jackson's Touching Memorial



The Michael Jackson memorial was the most touching memorial I have ever been to. People from all over the world flew in to witness such a musical icon be laid to rest. It was emotional from the start! The Jackson brothers carried Michael out all wearing one rhinestone glove. Every appearance was so special and heartfelt, from Mariah Carey, to Usher to Jennifer Hudson. You could tell that every performer had a hard time holding back tears.

I think the entire Staples Center started crying when Michael's daughter Paris spoke on stage. She really wanted to say some words about her father and I think it was very courageous and brave for an 11 year old to speak in front of so many people. I watched it again on TV when I got home, but there was nothing like the energy in that room. There was laughter and tears and every emotion. You could literally feel the love. Everyone was united in the same room for the same reason, to celebrate Michael's life and achievements. I'll never forget it.

Michael will be missed but will live on forever!

No comments:

Post a Comment