Wednesday, June 3, 2009

Troy's Jensen's Blog: The Alluring Kim Kardashian!



Im really happy to be reunited with my favorite muse Kim Kardashian. It's been some time since we have been able to collaborate with each other, But when Dior Beauty invite me to their first annual Christian Dior Beauty Lunch benefiting The Children's Charity Operation Smile. Dior's goal was to invite celebrities and their makeup artist's to enjoy a wonderful lunch. Share beauty tips and share experiences between makeup artists and their celebrity muse. Kim and I got all dolled up and mingled with the likes of Angie Harmon, Lil Kim, Emma Roberts, Leanne Rimes, Natasha Beddingfield, and of course their very talented makeup artist's. Some I've known for years like Kathy Jeung, Rea Anne Silva, Steven Autoro, and Geoffrey Rodriguez. Christian Dior VP Dianne Vavra hosted a beautiful lunch for a worthy cause Operation Smile. For every artist/celebrity pair, Dior Beauty will change the life of a child through worldwide children’s medical charity Operation Smile. Since 1982, more than 130,000 children and young adults with cleft lips and cleft palates and other facial deformities have been treated by thousands of Operation Smile volunteers worldwide and thousands of medical professionals have been trained globally.



Vintage dress by Vicky Tiel Couture and YSL shoes. Her dress was perfect with her 1940's inspired hair that I did and her movie-star day time glamour. I loved the dress and shoes, and I must admit, the makeup and hair was genius! This look was a hit.

I sent Kim a collage of images of Ava Gardner as inspiration for the look i created. I wanted to create a look that was old Hollywood glam with a touch of a modern chic. I first prepped Kim's skin with an eye cream and moistureizer, then blended a concealer under the eyes, forehead, down the center of the nose and blended well into her skin. I then applied a liquid foundation to give a subtle golden glow. I set with a finishing powder and dusted a Rose Pink powder blush to the apples of her cheeks. I applied a bronzer to the outer perimeter of temples, down her cheek bones, and jaw line. The bronzer was a golden tan with a subtle shimmer. When I'm creating a flawless complexion on Kim, I feel she looks stunning with a little natural gleam to the skin. For the eyes I wanted to create a daytime glam. Which involved a subtle golden smokey eye, glowing complexion, and a sheer red lip. I first blended a golden bronze eyeshadow onto the entire eyelid using a matte bone color in the arch of the brow. I then lined her entire eye with a chocolate brown eyeliner, curled and coated her lashes and added a few individual eyelashes to just the ends of her eyes for an old Hollywood flare. I topped the look off with defining her lips with a neutral lip color and filled in her entire lip with a sheer Cherry red lip gloss. This look is sexy, Its fresh, Its glamorous, and perfect for the Alluring Kim Kardashian.

No comments:

Post a Comment