Friday, April 24, 2009

Pick of the Week: Christian Louboutin Armadillo black satin platform


Do you have a pair of Christian Louboutin? I personal believe every female out there should own a pair of Christian Louboutin. My very first pair was the black satin Armadillo platform, when I slipped my feet into the shoes, I felt like Cinderella slipping her feet into the glass slipper.

Move over Blahnik, it is all about le Louboutin.

Here is a little history ..

Christian Louboutin, that is, and his instantly recognizable red-soled shoes, which seem to have ascended to the top of the celebrity must-have list. This respected footwear designer has come a long way from his days of peddling shoes to showgirls, and now his finely crafted heels strut down the runways of such couturiers as Jean-Paul Gaultier and Yves Saint-Laurent.

But it turns out, his famous trademark, the glossy red varnish, actually came about by accident. "I did not really choose the red sole. Its more like the red sole came to me and had to stay with me. It started as a happy accident, which I kept. I was very inspired by pop art so all my drawings were really full of colors. So the first prototype arrives. Its very similar to my designs so I was very happy. But something was missing. Thank God I had this girl with me who was painting her nails. Grabbed her nail polish - thank you to Chanel for that! I grabbed the nail polish and I painted the sole."






No comments:

Post a Comment