Tuesday, August 4, 2009

Handbag ~ Pick of the Day: The most expensive cup cake ever


I was surfing the web today and found this story very interesting and wanted to share it with you…

Since I was younger I always dreamed to have a Judith Leiber evening purse (go figure why?) because I am usually more funkier and sober in my taste., but there is something appealing about the rhinestone that might come from chilhood.
Anyway,my husband was in NYC recently and got me a purse from Bergdorf Goodman, but of course not the one I wanted.

So I returned it and called the Judith Leiber flagship store on Madison Avenue, to see if they had the pink cup cake bag.

The salesperson that I knew from a previous purchase told me that the cup cake was part of their Spring 2009 collection and was available for pre order. Which I did however it was not going to be delivered until February.

When my husband stambled upon the Amex statement he went nuts, the price of the freaking bag is $4,689.84 of course he wanted me to return the purse (that I never received) and I have to admitt that I agreed with him, the bag is cute but the price tag is ridiculous especially with this economy and when I thought about it, I was like yeah that’s crazy I could do so much for my kids in South Central with this kind of money.

Anyway when I called the salesperson to get my money back, I was told that all sales were final and that I won’t be refunded (I never received the bag, nor a receit or any writen statement of my purchase). As I was insisting the salesperson told me that he will ask his management and get back to me. In the meantime I called my dear friend Tina from Bagsnob and this is what she wrote: retail nightmare the forbidden cup cake

When the salesperson got back to me the next day he said that they will put that money towards another purchase(which he made sound like they were doing a big favor!!!) but I was not to be refunded, I really got mad, and asked the salesperson what about if someone lost its job and needed the money back? His answer was "well this is our store policy"!!!! I felt riped off as I had never experienced, and I felt it was my right to be refunded for a god I didn’t even received.

To make the long story short, I called my credit card company who immediately took action and refunded me, but seriously !!!! We as consumers need to stick together and never let things like this happen , if any of you have a terrible retail story, please be more than welcome to share it, so maybe we can help.

No comments:

Post a Comment