Sunday, July 19, 2009





This beauty story that I worked on just came out on the cover of Profil magazine. It’s also been published in Harper’s Bazaar Malaysia and Bulgaria (how random, right?). The shoot was so much fun to work on and I’m very happy with the end result. My freinds/photographers Ron Contarsy and Seth Karecha collaborated on this story together and Deycke Heidorn did the amazing hair. I have worked on a few different fashion and beauty shoots with Ron and Seth and they’re definitely one of my favorite teams to work with.

I remember being excited for this shoot when I heard that Aleksandra Martynyuk was booked as the model. I’ve worked with her on a few shoots as well over the past couple of years. She has beautiful fair skin and is such a sweet girl!

The inspiration for the makeup came from the big flower head peices. Deycke and myself collaborated together to determine which makeup and hair looks would go best with each flower. Oh, and here’s a little secret makeup trick for you - I used the old Hollywood face tape to really pull the brows up and open up the eyes. :-) Hope you like it!

Check out Ron’s site too see more work - www.contarsy-karecha.com

No comments:

Post a Comment