Thursday, July 16, 2009

Kim K's Blog: Day One in Botswana



After two flights and 21 hours we finally landed in Johannesberg. South Africa. We then hopped on another 45 minute flight to Botswana. I twittered that I was in South Africa and Botswana, and the way I wrote it I guess made it sound like I didn't know my geography!

Once we got into Botswana we dropped our bags off at the hotel and then headed to a school for disabled children. We met some really amazing children and Reggie brought them all footballs and taught them how to play football. This facility is called the Motswedi Rehabilitation Centre and it helps rehabilitate children and care for children as they are getting ready to pass away.

The looks on these beautiful childrens' faces as Reggie was playing football with them was unexplainable. It was so touching. Reggie and Adidas donated a new rehab facility for the children to use!

Here are some pictures to better describe our day!





No comments:

Post a Comment