Sunday, May 17, 2009

Mario Dedivanovic's Blog: my favorite brushes/tools.... 2009-05-16

When it comes to brushes, I can NEVER have enough!



People always joke with me because of how many brushes I have but I really do use all of them. Of course I have my favorites that I use on every makeup application and I’ll share some of them here with u…


This is the #15 brush by Stila that I use all the time. I use the bigger side to apply eyeshadow all over the lid and/or on the brow bone. I like this brush becuase it picks up pigment really well and the shadow doesnt fall off of it (I find that shadow tends to fall off of softer, more fluffy brushes so i use those to blend mostly). The smaller brush on the end is perfect to create a defined thinner crease.


This is the NARS dome brush #13 that I use to blend eyeshadow. Blending is so important with makeup and this brush works really well. Just dip it in some translucent powder and blend away. You can also use this brush to apply shimmer/shine to the cheek bones.


Sephora Professional Platinum Natural Smudge Brush#11. This brush is one of the few that I use to smudge liner for a smokey eye and also to blend shadow on the lower lid. I like a brush that isnt too soft when I’m blending liner.


This is the #11 paintbrush for brows, by BillyBbeauty. (billybbeauty.com) Again, this brush holds the powder pigment really nicely and it isnt too hard or too thin. It basically gives you a defined brow but looks natural.


Another great brush by BillyBbeauty. Its a very lightweight retractable lip brush and the bristles have a nice bend to them that allows you to get a sharp, perfect line.


#15 brush by Stila. I use this brush to apply bronzer and contour. It works especially well on the hollows of the cheeks because it’s a flatter brush. The tip is angled as well - great for detail.

No comments:

Post a Comment