Friday, May 22, 2009

Kim K's Blog: Rob's Graduation Gift



I realized I didn't explain the story behind this picture that I posted in Rob's graduation post. My mom gave my brother Rob the most precious graduation present. When my brother was in high school, he lived alone with my dad. My mom moved to Lake Sherwood for a year, and it was too far away from Rob's school, so Rob moved in with my dad. That year they lived together just Rob and my dad, and my dad made sure to teach my brother so many different things. He was so excited to have this alone time with Rob. Once a week he would take Rob to a fancy restaurant and teach him how to treat a girl on a date, showed him what to order, told him he must always open doors, pay for meals, all the small stuff that makes a difference. They would have so much fun on "date night". We used to always make fun of them!

My dad would often write a Bible verse on his stationary that was very meaningful. He would tape it on Rob's mirror and Rob had to spend the day thinking about what that Bible verse meant, then when he came home they would talk about it, and Rob learned valuable lessons about life. My dad always started off each note with "to my son". My mom knew how special these cards were to Rob and she had them framed for him for his college graduation. This was the best gift Rob has ever gotten!

No comments:

Post a Comment