Monday, January 25, 2010

The Business of being Kim



Kim is currently gracing the cover of Ocean Drive Magazine. In the article she talks about how she’s suddenly become a fitness guru thanks to her exercise DVD’s and new healthy lifestyle. She also talks about how she is very much a business woman and has a strong work ethic. Read the Q&A below and after the jump:

You have a million irons in the fire.
Well, I have the week off from TV work, but I still have to work for my stores today, and have a shoe-company meeting tomorrow.

That’s shoedazzle.com, correct? How does that work?
When you log on, you fill out a style quiz, and then every month your stylist reaches out and says, “What do you think of these five shoes?” You pick the one that you like, they ship it to you, and if you don’t like it you ship it back. The shoes, styling and shipping are $39.95 total.

Where does your entrepreneurial side come from?
My dad was a great attorney and businessman. He instilled a strong work ethic in all of us. If we wanted our allowance, we had to work. For Christmas presents, he’d give us gift certificates for a “one-hour conversation about life with Dad.”



Are you similarly strict?
I’m a control freak. Sometimes I wish I had an assistant, but I can’t delegate. I still sign every check myself. Every time I do an appearance, they expect five people to show up, but I always come alone.

You and your sisters have the Dash boutiques together, and your whole family has been featured on Keeping Up With the Kardashians, as well as Kourtney & Khloé Take Miami. Has the attention affected you?
We might get jealous for a second, but in general we’re excited for each other. We’ve always been so close. That’s probably the Armenian in us.

Your sisters’ show followed them as they opened the Miami outpost of Dash. How has the store been received?
Better than we ever could have imagined! We’ve far exceeded our projections. Dash is right on Washington Avenue, in the middle of South Beach, and we get people from all over. The Miami customer is carefree, and of course wears less clothes, so we’ve brought in a lot of sexy little skirts, dresses and swimwear.

Did you always follow fashion?
I think back to the ’80s, when my mom had an enormous closet and Kourtney and I were about nine and 10. We used to always drape ourselves in her jewels and furs.

Have you had a chance to enjoy the Miami nightlife?
Oh, I did let loose in Miami. We were filming a bit of the show and I came for the store opening. I don’t drink, but my sisters forced me to because they think I’m uptight. So I did for them. We went all around. It’s kind of a blur. I hate drinking.

Usually you’re the picture of health. Speaking of that, there’s your series of workout DVDs, Kim Kardashian: Fit in Your Jeans by Friday.
When I was doing Dancing With the Stars, I thought I was going to get in the best shape ever, but I didn’t stay on long enough. I was then approached to do a workout DVD and I knew I had to do it. It doesn’t hurt that I have a boyfriend into fitness. He thrives on it, so it’s fun to do as a couple.

What’s your relationship with Reggie like?
He only cares about football, and really couldn’t care less about the Hollywood life. It’s not a struggle, because we balance each other out. In his house, it’s only SportsCenter, and in my house, it’s only E!

source: http://www.kimkardashianfan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment