Friday, July 24, 2009

D.S Pick of the Day: Rene Caovilla Plisse Chiffon Platform



These Rene Caovilla Plisse Chiffon Platforms really have my yearning for an evening event that I would be forced to buy them to wear at. So feminine, delicate but full of details and edge, these are evening shoes not to be missed. The ruffling and cute velvet bow up the “must have” factor in my book, and the contrast between nude and black is always and win-win.

Paired with a black cocktail dress, these shoes will definitely stand out, and get noticed. I love the flute shape of the heel, and it really adds to the overall image of the shoe. The peep-toe is very unique, in that it is in a v-shape. The lines of this heel are elegant, but definitely add a unique aspect to the shoe. The nude is almost a pink-ish tone which I really love, and complements the black beautifully. There are many fabrics in this one heel, but they all work phenomenally together. The only thing I wish is that there was no ankle strap, but I can deal with that, and it kind of adds to the more old school glamour of these platforms. Black cocktail dress is all you need, jewelry at a minimum and you are party-ready to dance the night away.

Rene Caovilla Plisse Chiffon Platform $1,040 BergdorfGoodman | July 15th, 2009 |

No comments:

Post a Comment