Tuesday, January 26, 2010

Inside Kim Kardashian’s Shoe Closet



Kim Kardashian has an impressive (and enviable) 3 closets full of fabulous shoes. She recently spoke to Footwear News about her many shoes, covering everything from her favorite pair and her most expensive pair, to her biggest mistake and her favorite brand. Read it all below and after the jump:

“I’m addicted,” said Kardashian, who is rarely spotted in footwear of the flat variety. “Unless I’m working out, I’m almost always in heels, and sometimes I find it uncomfortable to be in flats.”

Kardashian recently kicked up her stilettos to speak with Footwear News about her biggest shoe challenge, how she makes her gams look great on the red carpet and why she’ll never be caught sporting a menswear-inspired oxford. Organizational strategy: Kardashian has three closets — one for boots, one for heels and one for sneakers and flip-flops — to accommodate her growing collection.

Favorite brands: Christian Louboutin, Fendi, Manolo Blahnik, Mystique sandals, Nike, Reebok, Yves Saint Laurent and Shoe Dazzle brands, including styles from Michael Antonio, among others


Oldest pair: Manolo Blahnik leopard-print and diamond-studded heels. “I’ve never worn them because I was waiting all this time to find that perfect outfit. Now they are a little dated, but they are so fabulous I can’t get rid of them.”

Stand-out shoe: A [Shoe Dazzle] pink pump designed for breast cancer awareness last October. “It’s not like that baby-pink; it’s a good hot-pink, and it’s shocking.”

Biggest splurge: A pair of $2,500 Christian Louboutin lace and python booties. “They are to die for.”

Most memorable red-carpet footwear: Brian Atwood nude heels paired with a cream dress at the Hollywood Life Awards. “They are so sexy and chic and go with so much. I’m obsessed.”

Sexiest shoe to pair with swimwear: “This is my struggle in life. I don’t wear flats very often, and you just can’t wear heels to the beach. It’s too embarrassing.” Instead, Kardashian dresses up her bikini with chunky accessories or a colorful sarong.

The showstopper: Louis Vuittons bedazzled with black feathers and gold and burgundy beads. “I wore them to [sister] Khloe’s birthday party in Las Vegas with a simple black dress and made the whole outfit all about the shoes.”

Most comfortable pair: Black high-heeled, caged booties by Shoe Dazzle. “They’re really open and not super high.”

Biggest mistake: Patent leather green boots with a matching bag, or styles with “the Fendi and Gucci logos all over. It’s too flashy. My style has changed.”

Favorite era: The 1940s. “That old-school glam hair and retro makeup mixed with modern clothes is really glamorous.”

Best workout shoe: Reebok’s EasyTone. “I love it. You can tell something is going on and you’re getting a good workout.”

Best leg-lengthening shoe: Anything nude “gives the illusion your leg is longer than it is.”

Biggest wardrobe malfunction: In Monte Carlo after meeting Prince Albert II of Monaco. “I was at a festival, and my entire [shoe] strap broke off. I had to go back to the room and couldn’t attend the after-party. I was over it after that.”

Whose shoe closet would you like to raid? Jennifer Lopez’s. “She has that song ‘Louboutins,’ so I’m pretty sure [Christian Louboutin] has made her some really incredible custom stuff.”

Best day-to-night shoe: Rounded-toe heels. “It’s more casual, and it gives you a little more room in the toe area.”

Favorite shoe-shopping city: New York. “You can go from Barneys to Bergdorf, and when you’re from out of town, it’s fun to say, ‘Oh, I got these in New York.’”

Favorite shop: Bergdorf Goodman. “It’s shoe heaven.”

Next purchase: Nothing. “I spend way too much money on shoes. But if you tortured me, it would be these caged-in Christian Louboutin booties.”

Favorite men’s style: Lanvin. “They have some really great dressy sneakers.”

Where do you get your fashion sense? “My mom and grandmother. They’re always put together and have great style sense.”

Do you share shoes with your sisters? “I wish. We’re all different sizes, but we share everything else, so it’s kind of annoying we can’t share shoes.”

Current trend you wish would go away: The men’s dress shoe look for women. “They are so ugly. My stylist was wearing them, and I was like, ‘You cannot wear those and give people advice.’”

Footwear trend you’d like to see come back: The Manolo Blahnik/Timberland boots. “I had them in every color — lavender, red, blue — [and] would wear them now if people wouldn’t make fun of me.”

Source: http://www.kimkardashianfan.net

No comments:

Post a Comment