Friday, May 29, 2009

Monica Rose Blog: Hello



I would like to start by introducing myself. My name is Monica Rose, I am an L.A. based stylist. I decided to create this blog to show aspiring stylists what I do on various assignments. This includes a lot of consultation with my clients, preparation, putting on the finishing touches just before red carpet events, photo shoots and television shows. For me, this blog will be a journal of my work, to see it evolve. I hope it inspires some of you to follow your dreams and aspirations in fashion.

I started freelance styling back in 2003. I learned my trade on the job and by taking chances. This is not something I learned in school. Styling always came very naturally to me. For me it’s my passion, which I decided to pursue full force after almost 10 years of retail jobs. I didn't have a plan to fall back on and I knew I had to make it happen. Through hard work and determination, I reached the goals I set for myself.

Even though it can be crazy and very stressful at times, the most important thing is that I love what I do. The business can be challenging, but it helps me create! I also enjoy having a hand in helping my clients feel good about themselves. Not only do I get to dress my clients, but the looks we create gives them the confidence to walk in-front of a camera and feel beautiful. It's the best feeling and it motivates me more every time. I never thought in a million years I would be doing this as a profession. I have made it this far and I am anxious to see what the future holds. I am excited about sharing my journey with you all on my blog. Please feel free to leave comments, questions as I would love to hear from my readers! So let's get started!

No comments:

Post a Comment